Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Tail Light Replacement

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
Does anyone sell actual VP tail lights or are all the OEM replacements for VP based on VN style?

My tail lights have plastic lines that line up with the center garnish like this (vp style)...
IMG_0950.JPG

Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a replacement that has those lines it it, and also the indicator light stops short and doesnt go all the way across on the side. looks like this (vn style)...
vp tailights no lines.png

Does anyone know if there are OEM replacements made with those plastic lines for VP's or are they all VN replacements?

How does the VN tail lights (no lines) look on a VP as it will not line up with the garnish.

Car: VP executive S2

Thanks,
Nate

Last edited:

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
SSS Autoparts?

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yeah don't put VN lights on, looks terrible.

I'm keen to find out myself as well. Wouldn't mind a spare set of VP Calais lights although will probably need to get the silver lines pin striped.

Mr Krinkle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
If you just need the housings and your lenses are ok, you can buy the VN one's and remove the housings.

I cleaned up my VP lenses, then used a heatgun (some people use an oven but it'll stink the house out) to heat up the butyl rubber on the aftermarket VN ones so I could pull them apart. Then I heated up the butyl rubber a bit more before sticking the VP lenses onto the VN housing