Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp temp gauge

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This all started after I changed engines so I naturally assumed it was the sender so I just swapped them over but it didn’t change …..thought it musnt have a thermostat then so I checked and it did and it was closed when cold so I assumed it was working still .
I found to check the temp sender on a v6 you can do it at the grey multi8 pin connector under the fuses on the green wire so you dont have to remove the alternator to get to sender.

Last edited:

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
‘Sorry if I annoyed you …I was just trying to see what’s out there …I have a couple of spare old senders but it hard to check what resistance they read if you put them in boiling water to see what you get ..I have a factory book and it says this

No worries but i'm just saying to check it out.

Somewhere along the production line in the early 1990's the sender unit specs were changed(new supplier?) and very hard to sort as back then Repco only had the one unit listed.
Symptom was Temp gauge barely moving,as i said may be another problem but check it out.

Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the biggest issue was that holden changed the sender supplier yet VDO who makes the gauges/senders originally for holden had been still making them till about 10 years ago