Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp v6 radiator cap

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
hey so i have just changed my radiator cap and have found 2 different kpa ratings on each of them. the one i have just taken off the car says 90 KPa, but the new one i put on says 135 KPa. which one is correct? i got this new one from genuine holden so im gonna presume its correct but would like to make sure. also, if the 90 KPa one was wrong could it have damaged my cooling system or something? cheers for any responses

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
According the the VP gregorys manual,the 135 kPa cap is the right one for the VPV6.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Sweet cheers mate :thumbsup: any chance does anyone know what the difference is between the two? Does one hold more coolant in the engine without spitting it out into the reservoir tank then the other or something like that? Just curious to know.....

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thats exactly it.The 130 kPa cap will hold back more pressure before it dumps excess coolant out to the reservoir.This lets the engine run a bit hotter,which gives better running and less emissions.