Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp V8 fireing order

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
What condition are your spark plugs in?

Animals92ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vpss
All vacume hoses are sweet all I changed was the dissy cap leads and plugs are sweet and rotor button theres no suss smoke

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
All the leads pushed on all the way home both ends? (don't assume, check every lead, both ends).

Animals92ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vpss
Yeah mate over checked I made sure the number one pistion was up so do I need to do the whole prosess of getting it tdc the dizzy has not been out but

Animals92ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vpss
Ok found out some info the speed sensor from the gearbox interacts with the throttle control sensor well my wires on my sp sensor on the gearbox are shot so that could be the problem after all? ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Correct, the speed sensor effect the tune, without it working the engine is prone to stalling because the PCM doesn't know when to go into idle mode

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
But if there's no speed sensor signal the ECM just acts as if the car is stopped all the time. It's only an issue when coming to a stop from speed. It'll be something else.

Is it correct to say that there has only been a problem after the leads were changed?

VR38 (post #13) may be correct and the leads aren't pushed all the way in. It's easy to get air trapped between the boot and the cap and it pushes the leads back off. The trick is to flick the edge of the 'lead boot away from the cap with a fingernail.

If that doesn't fix it, it's got to be something you've bumped or disturbed while replacing the leads. It could have been a vacuum hose (including the MAP hose), maybe it's the connector for the Hall sensor on the distributor (although that would be more likely to stop the engine running altogether rather than cause a misfire).

Was there a problem with one of the leads that you've fixed but it fuelled up a 'plug prior? That should have dried out by now but...

Animals92ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vpss
Gone over every thing vac lines aswell mate I also replaced the clutch aswell and when i disconnected the speed sensor from the box the wires snapped of it prior to this the car ran fine I didn't think it would cause the car to run rough