Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp V8 Fuel Consumption

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i am thinking of buying a vp 92 se 5 litre. it has 128,000 on clock looks in nice condition,what sort of fuel consumtion do they have,,,is it worth putting it on gas and what price is conversion,,,any other info that may be relevent,,, this will be my first commodore as i have always had fords but got sick of the head gasket problems . cheers fergi

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
fergi -
that's good kays for a 92vp,

fuel consumption will be pretty high for short trips with lotsa traffic. it'll get upto about 18-19 ltr/km but will drop a lot to about 10-11 on the freeways so it depends where you drive.
If you drive it hard it'll be thirsty, but not as bad as the older carburettor V8s.
But with a decent flowign (80%) exhaust they sound very nice.

Getting it converted with cost around 2,000 mark. that includes a more comprehensive tuning of the car for gas.
you can get cheaper conversions but there's a less chance of getting comparable performance to petrol.

In terms of getting LPG, you have to think about the long term. How long will u own the car? Or are you thinking of doing it up?

If you think that you'll end up saving money, then go for it.
good luck and wat is a VP SE?