Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP Value

Nate420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP
I'm looking at insurance for my car but it is hard to value as there is not many left for sale in good condition.

Currently looking about about 10k with shannons insurance full comp for about $85 a month. They said i can increase the value of the car if i wanted but i dont know what amount.

VP commodore executive Series 2
V6 3.8L
249km
Always serviced.
Automatic

Mostly stock apart from the following...
Extractors
High flow cat/catback exhaust system all new
Calais front grille
Mace memcal

Just had allot of suspension work done for about 3000. new shocks, rubbers etc
Have pedders report showing no issues with full suspension pedders check.

Alaskan White
Paint condition:
roof/bonnet/boot 7/10. Eveything else 9/10
Body straight no dents/scratches
Minor rust starting around rear window on one side (saving to fix soon)

vt ss 17" mags

interior is stock, in great condition. no stains
New headliner
stock steering wheel
Shitty aftermarket head unit
One speaker cover at the front is cracked.
Air conditioning
central locking and alarm

Starts first turn every time, drives amazing.

IMAG0023.jpg

Reactions: Lex

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
With these old cars most of the value is in the desirability , followed by body condition and paint . There doesn't seem to be a searing demand for V6 Commodores but I might be wrong.

Shannons are charging you $1020/yr which seems a bit rich. I get my VQ V8 with an agreed value of $10K insured for $253 /yr with RACV Classic Insurance.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Your age might have something to do with your premiums. If not definitely look elsewhere.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So many variables ....... age, driving record, claims record, how often it is driven, where you live, where it is parked.
Carsales $6K > $20K for a V6..

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
With these old cars most of the value is in the desirability , followed by body condition and paint . There doesn't seem to be a searing demand for V6 Commodores but I might be wrong.

Shannons are charging you $1020/yr which seems a bit rich. I get my VQ V8 with an agreed value of $10K insured for $253 /yr with RACV Classic Insurance.
in adelaide to get cheaper premiums car has to be on club rego for classic car insurance hence why he is paying higher daily feee.
VP = 1993 = 29years old. Current classic car insurance for club rego is 30 years old though the new labour govt is changing it to 25 years soon so 1997 cars like VT would soon be eligible

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You're either young maybe not enough driving history or it's classed as a daily/higher mileage category.

I've got cars much higher value insured for fair bit less but they were limited used locked up safely in garage....limited use as in less that 10k per year usage although it'd be even less longer you own something classic chrome bumpers lol