Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp..... ( vpsi )

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
So from the person that bought to just commodores this car http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/146595-v6-vn-dragger-2-a.html I am now here to proudly announce I am finally starting a street project.

Just yesterday I announced on my f.b that I was after a neat vn-vr wagon shell to put the running gear from my drag car into for a street project, and luck happened to strike. Within 10 minutes I was contacted and told about a car someone had sitting at their place which they wanted removed. So sight unseen I grabbed the car trailer and went to collect it. Expecting to pick up a dirty rough old vn considering it was free I was blown away when I saw what I had actually managed to score, and this is it.......
005-9.jpg

006-5.jpg

007-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

Series 2 vp exec. Only 4 very minor dings that need to be repaired. But far from bad enough to even worry about. The worst being the left hand lower sill. Interior tidy, 280,000ks on a clearly very maintained car. Near new tyres, starts and runs without a single puff of smoke or rattle, good brakes etc :yahoo:

Its not 100% perfect but it is one of the best examples of a vp ive seen in a while, especially for $0.

So the plan is at this stage to get it on the road. Nothing fancy untill that......

Then the games will begin, starting with chucking the sc14 from the dragger onto it, hence the name ( VPSI )
Then there would be a series of mods afterwards, suspension, wheels, more boost, shift kit (ill keep it auto) Zorst, interior and the final touch will be getting the little dings out and fixing the paint right up ;)

No idea which order itll go in and not 100% sure if ill even stick to those plans but thats the point of this thread. Keep an eye on it and you's will see the progress ;)

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
looks good bud, especially for nothing!! does it need much to get it on the road?

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks good bud, especially for nothing!! does it need much to get it on the road?

Not too sure mate. But it looks pretty straight forwards. A few of the door rubbers have pulled away so im resealing them, windscreen is good, rotors are near new, same as the tyres, its quiet, doesnt blow smoke, no rattles, no oil leaks, most rubbers underneith look good at a quick glance and so on and so forth. Havent had much of a chance to have a good look yet but I think with a maximum of $200 spent itll pass a roadworthy easily ;)

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
So ive had a close look at the vp now. Like I first thought there is definately very little to be done to get it on the road. Considering ive got most the little things itll need I reckon ill have change from $200 by the time I get it in roadworthy condition :) Unless the roadworthy man notices something that I havent. But everything is looking good. Gave it a quick wash too.... Now I cant wait to get the body work and paint sorted :p

001-12.jpg

Cant complain about new brakes and rotors, plus all the fresh bushes and stuff underneith.
003-6.jpg

My girls are loving this project, they keep asking to help :)
004-7.jpg

Nice and clean. A long way from what its going to look like, but it has to start somewhere :)

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
So this project is taking a different direction now. Since starting this thread I have also been working on the dragger I was going to poach the supercharger off and have decided to leave the blower where it is so I still have a dedicated drag car to do all the naughty stuff in the right place in!
So looks like no boost for the vp (for now). I have just got some 3.9 diff gears for it, so i will be rebuilding a spare diff I have laying around and putting that in in the near future and from there the performance mods are going to be straight forwards. Extractors, high flow cat, 2.5 inch exhaust, cold air intake (possibly mace), good tune to run 98 octane, iridium plugh, 9mm leads and a shift kit. That should just about do it in the performance mods, wont be the quickest car out there, but its a street car anyway, should have enough go to have a little fun on the local 1/8 mile dragstrip from time to time all the same.

Once thats done all i plan on doing is getting the body straightened out and resprayed Then ill be happy enough. Oh, and it will be lowered after xmas, cant decide between super low or ultra low. As much as I would like it slammed to the ground I wont because I want to keep it legal!

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Good to see your taking the time to teach the lil ones how to change a wheel...

My sister doesn't even know how to change lanes!

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
After spending very little time and under 100 on the vp I took it in for a roadworthy yesterday. Got a call later in the day saying there was only 4 minor things thatll cost under 100 and the vp would be roadworthy. I didnt even bother picking it up and doing it myself. I just told them to go for it. So shes now roadworthy. By the end of today It should be registered and ready to start project mode :) Not bad for a free car!

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Awsome Man ill be watching this one

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Awsome Man ill be watching this one

Cheers man. Well all done and dusted. She is now fully roadworthied and registered :) Not bad, Scored the car for free, and by the time it was roadied and rego paid I still managed to have change from $800. Definately a good start to a budget project lol. First mod will be done tonight...... A pod haha, that will hold me through untill I get a mace cold air intake. I would have got some extractors by now and ordered a 2.5" lukey exhaust BUT, I know a bloke with turbo gear for the old v6, so before I go down the naturally aspirated path ill try to squeeze the turbo set up out of him...... Dont think ill win, but its worth a try.