Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP-VR head valvetrain differences

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Hi I had a vr v6 that i was having troubles with and went through lots to get that motor going including reco heads with port and polish but to no avail so are ditching that block and got a "GOOD runner" from a wrecker. Heads off that to stick my ported jobs on but one bore was rusty so back to wrecker and he swaped it over with a VP, was going to do ported heads on this too but when i pulled rocker cover off found different rockers not the roller type as in the vr. can i use the VR heads and can i use the roller pedistool off the VR? or should i just use as is. Would rather use the good heads tho??? Thanks in advance

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
put the good heads and all there rockers on

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Cheers Delco, I take it you mean the vr rollers? with vp pushrods,? Ill get there:hmmm:
Got lots of spares now:rofl2:

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Please disregard this thread as this second motor from the reputable wrecker has had a guts full of h2o and has rusty bores as well. Will see what he comes up with next????
Thanks anyway guys.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bloody wreckers these days ehhh.........

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Yep im wondering if i should have bit the bullet and payed the 300 for new slugs and 80 for the bottom gasket set and the 400 for machining.
At least then i would know what i got!!!
But since the wrecker has my coin i suppose im stuck
:undead: 3 down but there has to be a good one out there for me

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, I picked up a VL diff last year and it was suppose to be good to go (came with a 6 month warranty) but when I pulled the cover off it had water in it, fortunately no water damage and I was only interested in the gears and housing anyway.

Slugs for $300, tell me more...

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Wrecker said that i cleaned him out so ill be gettin my coin back:surprise:
Um i think my brother said 300 for some oversize. Not forgies or anything special as i thought there was 0 of them anywhere?
But delco seems to go pretty well on the stockies and he's doing the tune once i sort my ship out.
But i have decided to go the rebuild as im sick of relying on the word of our honest wrecker:hmmm:but at least hes doing a refund ay.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sweet. Delco will definitely sort you out.

v6 morrie minor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Look what turned up today, only ordered two days ago. Awesome service from victoria Aus to NZ.
Deeper dish but a little tit in the centre? And we all know what we think of tits big or small:rofl2:
Off to engineers tomorrow for pressure test and rebore. Also got a new oil pump for piece of mind.
Please all cross ya fingures cause my luck hasn't been too good so far but trying to do things the proper way for a good strong skidder.:smoking: 20130829_175805.jpg20130829_175754.jpg20130829_175736.jpg