Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bennybee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Wagon Manual Duel Fuel
Ok guys this is my first post, but not my first problem with this car, it’s done 500,000kms so im just happy she is still running :) never been any major issues (just lights blowing out or flat tyres, simple stuff)

Manual vp wagon (I’m second owner bought from elderly man who had it for the last 26 years)

So to the situation. Let me explain what I’m facing.

When I got her, the owner had to replace the door and ignition keys because of some previous issue, due to this the boot and the rest of the key holes used seperate keys to be unlocked.

Sadly a few months ago I lost my key set somewhere at home, turned everything upside down and they didn’t turn up , so I got the locksmith over to cut new ones

He only cut two matching keys for the front and ignition, I didn’t think to mention about the boot using a seperate key. It probably would of costed more than I was willing to invest into her, I am sure there is another way to get into her though.

Now I’ve faced problems where I need to bring things in my car which will only fit in through the boot and the side doors are too small.

I was hoping someone knows a way I can open the boot or access it without having the key, I can get in the car easily, if there’s a way I could do it even from the inside, that would be awesome!! Or even some pick locking advice.

I’m trying not to spend any money, or if any, something significantly cheaper than getting new keys cut :) without the original key it costs more to have it remade from scratch :/.

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
I was hoping someone knows a way I can open the boot or access it without having the key, I can get in the car easily, if there’s a way I could do it even from the inside, that would be awesome!! Or even some pick locking advice.

I’m trying not to spend any money, or if any, something significantly cheaper than getting new keys cut :) without the original key it costs more to have it remade from scratch :/.

Welcome...
Locksmith is your best bet in the long run,cost will be worth it if you intend to keep the car.They will cut a key to fit,as there are not many variations in Holden keys,or otherwise drill out the lock.
If you have a go at removing the inside trim on the rear door you will be able to access the lock fairly easily but you may have to wreck part of the trim to do it and they are not cheap from a wrecker.

Last edited: