Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp wagon twin turbo

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
mate sorry to tell you this but thats not going to matter where the airbox is. Cause its still gota run to the turbo. Most people would either put a doose pipe on the turbo or a pod bolted straight on it. Either that or a pod run striaght to some form of cold air.

Custom inlet manifold all the way. MAke the plenum a bit bigger and move the throttle body to the centre so the airflow is more constant at all inlet ports on the heads

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Why go for a single t/b? If you're going for a twin turb setup, why not run a twin t/b setup? There are twin t/b manifolds available for the Buick V6, or you could make your own.

Have one turbo running into each t/b. That'd be nice.

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
im thinkin about goin single turbo now and placing the turbo on the drivers side then the pipe can run from turbo to intercooler then to throttle body no hassles!!

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
if the above theory is corrent ill go single

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
the thing about a turbo on the drivers side is the dump pipe wil hav to be quite small to fit between the main steering coupleing and the engine,

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just trying to think of the cheapest way out for you, Probably get a t04 s-trim sized turbo with like .60 compressor and .60ish turbine no more than .80. Weld upside down /chop cut the headers. Put the turbo on the passenger side, run a pipe from the drivers header around the front of the engine between the pulleys and the radiator with maybe a section of flexable exhaust pipe there infront of the engine so your pipes don't crack when they get hot. Dump pipe out the back of the passenger side. few bits of silicon joiner pipe stuff for your inlet, get a 2 bar map sensor and read read read how to tune it, intercooler would be good but still optional for low boostage

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
thanks for your reply mate

how do i go about tuning it? do i get some1 to redo my ecu or what?

thanks again ur a man with lots of info!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
You'll have to tune it yourself, really that along with turbo selection are the two most difficult things, It will cost you heaps to have someone else do it. Even once you are good at tuning a NA car it could take you 20 re burns to get the turbo setup close enough to right, but you should get it safe to drive 1st go once you learn a bit about it. Read all the threads on here that have anything to do with memcals and eproms and tunerpro follow all the links and that should get you close to knowing all about it

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
yeah. you couldnt put the turbo on the drivers side cause there is like no room down there. Except i suppose you could make your manifold with enough room to get ya dump pipe down there. Hmmm got me thinking again now. Im starting to think about turboing the wags again. But yeah, will need a full rebuild first.

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
if i mount the turbo on the passenger side how bout i i run a pipe from the drivers side manifold under the engine? to the other manifold

this seems like a good idea and the pipe will not be in front of the fan and engine in the engine bay! it will be under the engine then come back up to the other manifold turbo etc?