Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp wagon twin turbo

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
hey guys ive got a vp wagon at the moment

im thinkin about twin turbo's are i dont think it would be that hard to do, and if i run small boost engine should handle it

they will b 2 small turbos what do u guys think?

i can do most of the work myself like mounting and making exhaust mani's etc

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
thanks for that dude!

just had a read though it not alot of info in that link regarding actual mods needed!

would it be a good idea to run a surge tank? 2 fuel pumps? reg?
is it hard to setup twins?

has any1 got actual pictures of twins on a v6 in a engine bay?
greenfoam seems to know what hes talkin about

would you be able to post on pm me regards whats mods need to be done that your aware of?

chhers guys thanks

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Needed for buick:

upgrade injectors/fuel pump
2 bar sensor
manifolds
turbos (duh)
wastegates
boost controller
intercooler and plumbing
run oil lines for turbos
connect dump pipes to zorst
tune (major part)

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
i suggest you go single. Its actualy alot easierr to fabricate and will savee you lots of money. Basically you can keep your stock drivers side manifold and run a cross over pipe around the back of the engine. Then make your own passenger side manifold to connect to th cross over pipe then to the turbo. That way you say a bit of money there. The other thing you will save on is oil lines. Thats a good $500 saving there. The only problem being that the turbo is mounted on the wrong side for the throttle body. So you many want to make a custom plenum OR cut the 90deg bend up and turn it the other way and weld it up or run a heap of excess cooler pipe. Ide suggest you start with about 6psi on a single turbo setup. Get it all tuned up and do a few kms before upping the boost to i say 10. That is about the limit for a stocko buick motor. Then ide grab another set of heads and get some head work done. You dont need to get them ported but a REALLY good clean up and a polish woulnt go astraigh. As well as some good vavles and springs. Then dive a bit deeper down into the engine. Even better would be to look into a COME racing strocker short motor. I think that they are about 4k without heads. But they are a 4.1l With fully worked block which you can get already with the low compression pistons and stuff into.

I did a lot of research into this not to long ago, cause i WAS going to tubo my wagon. But ive decided against it now cause shes starting to get a bit of the old age disease.

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
thanks alot for that info mate if u have anymore info feel free to post it up good read i might do your idea as it seems alot easyer and both cylinder banks are still getting even amount of air so sounds like there no really great problem

the only problem i see will be turbo lag beacause of the cooler pipes having to cross back over to get to the throttle body!

ill see how i go

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
Thats why i was going to make either a a custom inlet manifold or cut up the 90deg albow and turn it around. you could always put the turbo on the other side though. just not much room on that side. If you need to know anything just ask. Im not on here that much these days. Add me to msn if you like.

[email protected]

Or send me a pm

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
yeah might look at puttin turbo on onther side or getting a custom cooler

V

vp manual wagon

What kinda power are you looking at getting after this??

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
dude, move your battery to where the air box is, and move the air box where your battery was, so the air goes into the box, then across the front of the car into the cooler, then into the turbo after that into the TB...

or move the battery to the boot, single turbo would be easier