Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp wiper motor keeps snapping off bracket??

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hey guys. Had my wiper motor snap itself off the bracket not long, so I replaced it last week with one I got from the wreckers. I got the whole motor and bracket and everything and swapped it over. Drove it last night in the rain and it snapped again. The wipers did chatter a bit but didn't think anything of it.
Has anyone had this before?
Anyone know how I can fix this issue?
Cheers
Geoff

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I had this happen in my VP it was caused by the mounting bolts working their way loose so check if your bolts are stripped or try loctiting them in

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I've had the alloy arms snap off my old VN, but not the bracket. Apparently the VS one can be used and is better?

Brad S15

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais EFi 6
Just replaced the wiper motor and linkages in my VP after the linkages jammed and the motor kept turning and instead shattered the cast wiper motor gearbox housing. Grabbed a whole assembly from a VS commo at the wreckers, turns out the plug connecting the motor to the car's loom is different (its still 5 wires but its in a different plastic connector) so I just made up 5 little jumper cables and crimped them to the correct wires and then plugged them into the old connector from the VP which matched the connector on my VP's firewall