Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VP with VS Statesman front - headlight wire up

ogom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute
Anyone who has undertaken a Statesman front end swap on a VP have and advice on how to wire up the parking lights and the fog lights.

I recently purchased a car with this conversion but the parking and fog lights have not been wired up. Does any know where to source the corrections connections as well for the fog lights and the parkers.

Unsure if related but the fuel gauge, temp gauge and windscreen wipers are not working

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It will be an unrelated issue.
Is it possible they tried to swap more than the front?

Does it have a VS cluster?

Check the fuse or relay for wipers and make sure the wiper motor is even plugged in if someone has been stuffing about with it.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I have a VQ and on it the fog lamp connectors are in the main lighting wiring loom on the radiator side of the main headlight connectors. The plugs for the parking lights are adjacent to the headlight plugs.
If you have VQ cluster the fuel and temp gauges will probably need the voltage regulator dry joints resoldered- see the sticky at the top of the page. I carefully lube the gauges with Nulon Ezy Glide silicon spray while I have the cluster apart.
If the fuses and plug check for the wiper don't help check to see if a Stato BCM has been fitted- it controls the wiper amongst a lot of other things.

ogom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute
It will be an unrelated issue.
Is it possible they tried to swap more than the front?

Does it have a VS cluster?

Check the fuse or relay for wipers and make sure the wiper motor is even plugged in if someone has been stuffing about with it.

No standard VP cluster - will check those again

ogom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute
I have a VQ and on it the fog lamp connectors are in the main lighting wiring loom on the radiator side of the main headlight connectors. The plugs for the parking lights are adjacent to the headlight plugs.
If you have VQ cluster the fuel and temp gauges will probably need the voltage regulator dry joints resoldered- see the sticky at the top of the page. I carefully lube the gauges with Nulon Ezy Glide silicon spray while I have the cluster apart.
If the fuses and plug check for the wiper don't help check to see if a Stato BCM has been fitted- it controls the wiper amongst a lot of other things.
I dont have a VQ or VS cluster. The headlight plug is 6 pin with no adjacent or additional plug for parking lights - I can isolate power in the 6 pin plug for parkers when I turn them on so I could bridge power from there. I owned a VP years ago but I cant recall if the parkers were in the main light

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
For a VQ the parkers are in the main light. I'd say a VP should be the same. The VQ connector is 6 pin, the fog lamps are 2 pin.