Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp wont start in hot weather (very strange )

gleno767

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
Hi Guys
I have this problem when the weather is very warm and the car has been sitting in the sun. When i press the remote the doors unlock and the flashing light goes off on the console, but the car wont turn over to start it. I try to press the remote a few times but nothing, i have to open the windows to let it cool down inside the car and wait 5 or 10 minutes before it will start. This doesnt happen in cooler weather and i have purchased a new remote and it made no difference. Wasnt to bad in winter but now the warmer weather is on the way its starting to happen again.
any help would be appreciated
Gleno767

vp b34st

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive s1
i had (and still do have the same problem) with my late 91 vp. ive fixed it by wiring a push start button from the wires at the back of the ignition barrel cant remember which colours all i do is turn the ignition on and press the button. as a temporary fix can actually get under the car and disconnect the little plug on wire to the starter solanoid i think its purple. then connect another wire to the plug on the starter solanoid and earth it with the ignition on, the car should start. just make sure the cars in park or neutral so you dont get run over.