Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vp wont start

MRVPCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
i was bout to go out tonight but ran out of fuel... when i tried to start the car it started... moved a bit then stoped. ...so pop down to the servo and filled two cans up. put it in the car but it still wont start its not even trunin ova its completly dead. it started then went dead befor i put some fuel in but when i put some in nothing now no ignition nothing... can someone help me..:ranting: :ranting: :cry:

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Check the fuse for the pump under the bonnet.If you run them out of petrol it is pretty common for the fuel pump to die.I might have only got hot and it blew the fuse.I got a very noisy pump coz it was low on fuel,put in fuel and it was quiet for bout 10 min then the car died.Fuse gone.lucky i run gas so i just disconnected one of my pumps and all is well(but no petrol).
Try the fuse first and hope the pump is OK.
Good luck.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That could be it, or, if you tried turning her over too many times, you may have flattened the battery.

V

vp manual wagon

You can remove a hose and see if the fuel pump is still working can't you? Sounds like a flat battery as well....If your car is also on a slope going left, right or on a decline, it also may be hard for the pump to suck the fuel in at times if theres only a little bit of fuel in....how big are the cans?

V

vp manual wagon

Oh thats assuming the pumps still working.....Never trust a vn-vs fuel pump....or fuel gauge..or anything fuel related lol!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol, too right you are. My fuel gauge goes a full 10mm below the empty line before she starts spluttering ^^

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
vp manual wagon said:
You can remove a hose and see if the fuel pump is still working can't you? Sounds like a flat battery as well....If your car is also on a slope going left, right or on a decline, it also may be hard for the pump to suck the fuel in at times if theres only a little bit of fuel in....how big are the cans?
You can remove the fuel line from somewhere (I'm not too sure where) near the inlet manifold, and just turn the key far enough so the fuel pump (should) start to work. If all is well, the fuel should come out in a fairly steady stream. If it just dribbles out the end of the fuel line, then there's something wrong.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Listen for a click noise coming from the fuel pump relay if no click then no power.