Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vp????

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
As some of you know my pride and joy VN has got stolen:cry: and now i need a new car.

I have found a stock 5sp VP commie for sale for $2500. Still way above my budget but i guess i can take out another personal loan. I was going to get a small shitbox till i save some money but i have decided its just not me so i want another commie. its a 1993 model and only has 180 000km on it. Its got keyless entry and imoboliser.

Do you think this is a good price. Its a manual so they are pretty rear too. Do VPs go as good or any better then VNs? What are the main differences apart from looks. cheers

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
see if u can push him down closer to $2000, 2500 is still pretty good hey but see if u can squeeze em a bit more... :thumbsup:

cheers
ryan

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
VP's are basically VN's with better build quality. VP's came with a factory immobiliser, and the option of IRS and in S2, ABS. I'd actually reccomend the shitheap, at least until you get your current loan cleared, but it's your choice, and if the VP looks like it's in good nick then might be an ok deal. If you're dead set on it, offer 1900 and see where it goes from there. Just remember, bargaining is a process of: You insult me, I insult you and then we find a middle ground acceptable to both of us.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Not much difference between the 2 cars, VP has a better steering wheel :), the 1993 VP will have the good brakes (VN V8/FE2 style) and um well they look a little more sexy from behind :) apart from a few things and being built better it's the same car. One more special trick VP's have, is that the interior light stays on for a few seconds after you close it up :)

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
If its in good condition, $2500 for a VP manual is a great deal. I paid $3000 for my VN manual, and am yet to see a much better deal out there. I've seen cheaper VN/VP manuals, but not in good condition.

If it has under say 220.000km, decent engine, decent clutch (make sure of that one) and the gearbox is good, then $2,500 is a pretty great price.

But still get some more off :thumbsup:

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Alright well im going to go see the car in a couple hours. If i like it i will have to get some money. i will try talk him down to $2000. Ill give him a sob story bout my stolen car. Only has 180000ks on it so i thought that was pretty good. I got my ol VN 5sp for $3000. Its soooo hard to find a good 5sp unless you pay the money.

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
sounds like a s2 berlina ;-) same as mine, would check the car out though for rust, etc, busted steering and whatnot.