Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VPRob

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
VPRob is this engine stuffed?

Hi Guys
I've bought a 2nd hand VR motor to go into my VP from a wrecker. Posted a thread about it a week or so ago. Anyway started tidying up the replacement and took off first rocker cover to find a thick off-white gunk all over the rocker gear and up under the rocker cover. Second rocker cover is the same. Obviously an oil and water mix and it doesn't look healthy at all. What do you think? Is it an obvious sign that the engine is cactus? I certainly don't intend to go to the trouble of installing an engine that is likely to be no good.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
will you or have you removed the heads? if it's just a cracked head gasket, a repair isn't gonna be hard...

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
You will find that you get a small amount of white gum and oily stuff under the rocker covers of most cars as it is mousier mixing with oil, cars that do short trips or have sat around a lot will have it, a car that has not had regular oil changes done will have a large build up, if the oil in the sump is white then you have a problem