Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ 5lt need to pick your bains !

deadking99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq 5lt worked
MAIN PROBLEM : ooook... so i drove my car down a high way the other day and lost 4th gear ( stage2 shift kit if that makes and diff ) anywayz i didnt really think much of it so i then just go to where i had to go in 3rd.. then coming home it ova heated.. due to thrmo fans turning off so i had to pull ova rewrie the thermos then when to go again and it would not change from 1st gear and i tried everything to get it to shift up playing with the kickdown cable changing my throttle pos ect it just wouldnt change so i had to drive 50kmz in 1st gear and i hav 4.11's in the back so it was quite slow.. i need some ideas to what you guys would thing went wrong.. im thinking bands or a servo oh and i also lost revearse when i got it up via tow truck AHH !

Questions : i hav a 5.7lt engine complete i was wonding if i can put the heads onto my 5lt ? if i can what needs to be done if not then what can i do ?

p.s i am a mechince just thought id say something
THANKS GUYS - Rob

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
the LS heads from the complete engine won't fit your 304, but if you've got the engine spare, grab a trannie and the rest and chuck it in the vq!

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Are you trying to say you're a mechanic??

Sounds like the auto its totally rooted time for a rebuild.

As for the 5.7lt motor are you talking about a LS1? or a factory stroker holden V8?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Are there any fault codes?

deadking99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq 5lt worked
nah i cant scan my car... found out what it was lol... took it to an auto place and they pulled it down n found that the plantetory gears had gone due to lack of lube :mad: ahhh whats the point in having an aftermarket trans cooler if it dont work ?
meh whatever and for the v8 its a gen 3 stand but i found out i cant do anything with my 304 and the gen 3 :(