Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vq front bumper on vp

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
hey guys i got a vq front bumper bar and grill cheap just woundering will a vq bumper fit on a vp with no hassles? is it a straight swap or is there more to it has the conversion been done b4?

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
any1 have any idea as my bumper is waiting to b painted and i dont wanna paint it if i know it wont fit :)

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
yeah thats fine ill mount that im just really hoping the vq bumper will fit the vp as i can get 1 cheap is there any hassles with this conversion does everything line up ok?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
NO!

The VN and VP and VG and VQ share a common bumper support bar.
The VQ is fitted with VN headlamps. These only fit the VN indicators which in turn only fit up to VN gaurds. The bonnet is the same across all those models. The grill will need to be fitted to the bonnet.

VN/VQ/VG headlamps are a different shape to VP!
They are totally incompatable. The inner line of the light near the grill is straighter on a VN than VP. Also the bottom edge of the VP light rolls under in the shape much more than the VQ/VN/VG headlamp does.

You would also need to either modify the guards to fit the indicator as your VP was originally fitted with an indicator.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Fu Manchu said:
NO!

The VN and VP and VG and VQ share a common bumper support bar.
The VQ is fitted with VN headlamps. These only fit the VN indicators which in turn only fit up to VN gaurds. The bonnet is the same across all those models. The grill will need to be fitted to the bonnet.

VN/VQ/VG headlamps are a different shape to VP!
They are totally incompatable. The inner line of the light near the grill is straighter on a VN than VP. Also the bottom edge of the VP light rolls under in the shape much more than the VQ/VN/VG headlamp does.

You would also need to either modify the guards to fit the indicator as your VP was originally fitted with an indicator.

The bumper will fit perfectly fine man... & the same goes for the grill. I put a VN SS style grill that was on my car onto a mates VP and it fitted just fine... So the VQ grill should fit fine as well then shouldnt it?

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
ok so bumper will or wont bolt up? yes u say the lights are different but i have seen heaps of vn's with vp grill and vise-versa
the only difference i can see is the vp indicators BUT the gaurds might b the same where it bolts up to the supports etc

any 1 with any experience care to add some info

as some say yes some say no :(

VPWAGZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp vactioner wagon
ok cheers mate ill try it out hopfully it all works

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
VP Wags, I'll buy the Grill & Bumper off you mate...

You wont be able to fit it properly with VP Guards & Lights/Blinkers...

The grill will fit if you tig/mig the brackets onto the VP bonnet but the Bumper wont line up properly an it'll look dodgy.

Cheers
MaT