Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ Statesman Cheap Mods

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Just wondering, any suggestions of cheap or affordable mods to make the VQ V8 perform or look better. Cheers

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Exhaust, rockers, extractors, tins, lowered, rims, tint tail lights not too dark (illegal though), Leather interior, 70mm throttle body (eBay), cam if you don't want to go rockers, or a combo, where was I... Ahh... LSD, etc. Basically depends on your budget and what your main expectations and uses are

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Thanks, I'll take some when I find my camera. Anyway, got HSV extractors, cat-back straight thru exhaust, also a straight thru cat (lol), lowered 1 inch at the front; about to lower the back as well. As for the t/b, what size is the standard one?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Standard V8 throttle body is 65mm. Going 70mm isn't a huge difference if the car is only stock but it is a supporting mod if you plan more extensive upgrades down the track.

VNCommyBeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS VN, VR Berlina
Find a second hand body kit? I got mine for 3 hundy and it makes the car look so good. Exhaust, a must. Uprated ECU, less than 50 bucks for a "better than HSV" tune. Dash faces like $30. Need photos and maybe we can all help you some more

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Ok, awesome thus far. Havn't had time to search for cam. Working 10 hours a day. Tiring as hell.