Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ Statesman Immobiliser

Catchy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Hey,

Previous I had a mechanic reset my factory immobiliser with a sequence of actions, it was a while back, so I cant remember. It was something like turn the key in the ignition, then in the passenger and so on. Does anyone know of this sequence, as Ive changed my battery and now it wont start.

Cheers
Cathy111

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just changing the battery shouldn't result in the immobiliser giving any problems, other than perhaps needing the stereo password to be re-entered. Was the battery put in the wrong way around by accident the first time? Could have blown some fuses.

Follow the instructions in the link below to see if you have any error codes set.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Did VQ have the plain key like the VN ?
It might be an added in immobiliser from Cobra or similar ?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Hey,

Previous I had a mechanic reset my factory immobiliser with a sequence of actions, it was a while back, so I cant remember. It was something like turn the key in the ignition, then in the passenger and so on. Does anyone know of this sequence, as Ive changed my battery and now it wont start.

Cheers
Cathy111
The VQ immobiliser is incorporated into the BCM- it doesn't require resetting. Is it working when you press the buttons on the key?

Catchy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
The VQ immobiliser is incorporated into the BCM- it doesn't require resetting. Is it working when you press the buttons on the key?
The light on the remote, as its not on the key, is coming on but nothing comes up on the dash and I have to use the key to open the doors.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
The light on the remote, as its not on the key, is coming on but nothing comes up on the dash and I have to use the key to open the doors.
The immobiliser is separate to the key, you must have a series 1 VQ ?
The receiving unit is under the steering column if I remember correctly. It has been over 20 years since I have looked at 1 of these.

Sorry I can't help with a reset procedure, but this may jog somebody's memory. Or search VQ series 1 immobiliser or similar.

Or find the receiver as it may have some markings on it.

I just remembered some more. The fault we were chasing ended up being the remote battery was low. The red light still came on and after we replaced the remote battery it worked again.

Last edited:

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Do the automatic door locks work when you open or close them with the key remote? The engine should start if you try and start the car just after unlocking it- the engine light comes up on the instrument panel indicating it's OK to start.
On a VQII a "press remote" light comes up on the panel when you enter an unlocked car, you need to press the remote before the engine light comes on indicating that it's OK to start.

Catchy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Do the automatic door locks work when you open or close them with the key remote? The engine should start if you try and start the car just after unlocking it- the engine light comes up on the instrument panel indicating it's OK to start.
On a VQII a "press remote" light comes up on the panel when you enter an unlocked car, you need to press the remote before the engine light comes on indicating that it's OK to start.

Catchy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Nothing is working from the remote but the little red light on it. The engine light comes on but its still not starting

Catchy111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman