Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ to VR?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hi guys,

Just wondering if a VQ Statesman interior fit into a VR Series II V8 Ute? I am only looking at swapping the dash and complete centre console.

Cheers for the info guys. Also noticed that this site has no section for VQ's :computer:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Yes the dash and center console ect fit in. Big job to do a dash swap, but plenty have done it. Knock yourself out.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Yes the dash and center console ect fit in. Big job to do a dash swap, but plenty have done it. Knock yourself out.

Cheers for the reply mate. Have been unlucky enough to swap over a fair few interiors before so I have a rough idea what I am in for. Fridge stocked with rum so I should survive the ordeal!

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Has anyone here put a VQ stato interior in a VR Ute? Pics would be awesome.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
bump

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Dash will fit, But you will have no front demister vents, as firewall & airbox are different

, I'd suggest you put a VR/VS Statesman dash in your VR ute, it bolts up, everything works, plug and play.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Dash will fit, But you will have no front demister vents, as firewall & airbox are different

, I'd suggest you put a VR/VS Statesman dash in your VR ute, it bolts up, everything works, plug and play.

Cheers mate, thought it was worth a shot as I have the VQ bits sitting around here somewhere. I like the sounds of plug and play so I will keep hunting for a VR or VS dash.

What is the best looking interior in your opinion out of the VR and VS? It will be going into a dark coloured VR V8 ute that will eventually have black leather seats. I presume the latest series VS Stato would be the better looking? I have got to figure out which models have the Woodgrain as opposed to the black finish. Not overly keen on woodgrain but will have to check them all out in person.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Cheers mate, thought it was worth a shot as I have the VQ bits sitting around here somewhere. I like the sounds of plug and play so I will keep hunting for a VR or VS dash.

What is the best looking interior in your opinion out of the VR and VS? It will be going into a dark coloured VR V8 ute that will eventually have black leather seats. I presume the latest series VS Stato would be the better looking? I have got to figure out which models have the Woodgrain as opposed to the black finish. Not overly keen on woodgrain but will have to check them all out in person.

VR-VS Statesman dash is the same, just colors are slightly different.

Here is a VS SIII Statesman dash & console I have in my garage
IMG_2281.JPG

And here is a VR SI Caprice dash I put in my old VN
HoZy_dash_vn_old2.JPG

an this is my vq's stock dash, from when i first bought it, near 2years ago. The dash is actually black, Just a poor photo from my phone.
51307d1220252395-hozys-92-sii-vq-statesman-hozvq5.jpg

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey mate, cheers for all the pics. Looks like the SIII Stato interior is the way to go! Looks the goods.

Thanks mate