Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 1994 cruise failure , any clues anybody?

drewzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr auto wagon 1994
VR 1994 power switch failure , any clues anybody?

I recently had my mirror switch replaced by a"non-standard for this model" second-hand mirror switch , after this the POWER switch wasn't working along with CRUISE switch , the mechanic rtold me the Cruise problem was fuse which he reolaced and it now works , the POWER switch was not a fuse and probably something in the transmission and I neede to see an auto-electrition , I'm suspicious that these faults occured right after the fit of the mirror swtch would anyone know how to trace and hopefully fix the POWER switch proplem? I'm all ears for any suggestions.....wahat situation am driving in with this inactive? does it make any difference.....DREWZIE

F

foxinjox

hi ..im having a similar problem..first though I found the wires severed at the end of the indicator stalk..(pull the steering column surround off..screws are on bottom panel)...have a look at the wires..they run from the indicator stalk around under the column to the LHS...4 wires....if none broken i have a continuity check for the switches that may help.