Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 4l60e line pressure adjustment

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
yeah ok, like i said let me know how you go because mech couldn't get the job done. He explored all of the above and found it could not be done. He told me if i find out if lowering the trans, removing the throttle body, etc and getting the trans low enough without removal does indeed give you enough room to squeeze it past the floor jthen he will have another go. He got so far in and stopped, when it appeared it can not be done.
I’ll give it a crack once my servo comes and I have cement space again lol, surely the servo isn’t that long, doesn’t look it anyway, might even be able to get the box to swivel to the passenger side more? Though the servo is in the front so won’t do a great deal, I’ll work something out anyway otherwise I’ll have to wait till I get a new box to put it in which is gonna suck lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I know of two variants in VR. The latter would need a new harness and probably PCM to make it work. He mentioned another one and i didn't really go into it much as i was like yeah ok i will just rebuild what i have rather than risk getting the wrong one. Not sure if the column shift has anything to do with it? But i know column shifts don't have the NSS on the trans like floor shifts do. Not sure what other differences are between column and floor and whether it is just a matter of swapping the floor shift gear over with column or whether there a major differences that make column shift specific?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It would be good to know if it can be done insitu, because there appears to be nothing on the Net after an hour or more of searching whether it can be done. Your bus can be the test subject. I was of the belief it could be done. It wasn't until i got the news he is putting it back together because he couldn't get it done that i searched long and wide for an answer and came up with 0. This was just my local bloke and not my trans bloke. Because the trans tech said it was a big job for little gain. I bought my own servo so felt funny about asking him to fit it. Where as the local mech has no problem with me supplying parts. Trans bloke said that it is something you normally do on a rebuild, where you build a better trans rather than fit it to an old box.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
I’ll get something to work when I get around to looking at new boxes to build, my vr is a 95 so one of the last ones, finding a box from another series 2 should work I’d imagine, just for a bit of fun with the current box to lower some shift times and stuff I thought why not buy a corvette servo as they’re cheap and put it in the new box when I get one, new o rings and whatever and I can’t imagine nothing wrong with that. That’s it I can get it in, where’d you get yours from? Cheapest one I’ve found is from turboindustries.com.au for like $31 but usually they’re $50 or so, wonder why the cheaper price

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I paid 59 bucks on eBay but can't remember who sold me it.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Yeah okay sweet, this one for $30 might not include o rings or something so I’ll sus it out haha

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Some say it can't be done with the trans in the car but others say it can. I do seem to remember that you needed to drop the trans mount and wedge the whole trans over a bit to make room. Not done it myself so can't confirm one way or another.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Some say it can't be done with the trans in the car but others say it can. I do seem to remember that you needed to drop the trans mount and wedge the whole trans over a bit to make room. Not done it myself so can't confirm one way or another.
Exactly as I thought, if it doesn’t come out with the box in the car surely it’ll be so close, should be able to make plenty of movement for it to come out after unbolting mounts etc

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey mate, did you manage to get the servo out and back in again, with it still in place?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
The corvette servo can be done in place of you take it out in sections or if you pull the 2 trans mount bolts and push the end of the box over a little ahimming it correctly is important or you may end up with 2nd gear but no 4th gear if you dont shim the 4th gear servo