Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 5.0L V8 fuel issues

adamR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR 5.0L
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and I may be completely wrong (anyone feel free to tell me I am) but could it be that due to the custom fuel pump and your memcal maybe tuned to that pump, that's why your having problems?

yes, that's one real possibility..... i was thinking that too.....

it's next to go to the tuners and they will do a full diagnostics on the ecu etc and set it up for me, if its not chipped, it will be, and if it is chipped, we'll take it to the max possible..... plus put it on the dyno before and after...... :) vids to come hopefully...... (if they are kind enough to run it on the dyno after i finish work)..... i hope so......

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
It shouldn't make any difference. The fuel pressure is regulated at the fuel rail to a constant pressure above manifold pressure. Unless the pump is overcoming the fuel pressure regulator (it shouldn't be or the fuel pressure is not being regulated), a better flowing fuel pump won't alter the fuel pressure in the rail.

adamR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR 5.0L
oh well, i'm taking the car on a run to town today...... it's an emergency...... a family member is in hospital and our wrx is in the shop..... :( it's been going alright 2 days in a row now, (only short trips tho) but we need to get to town..asap..arrggghhh....we are going to have to at least try..... we live 100 kms from town with two sets of hills.... hope we make it...... :(

adamR

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR 5.0L
oh well, i'm taking the car on a run to town today...... it's an emergency...... a family member is in hospital and our wrx is in the shop..... :( it's been going alright 2 days in a row now, (only short trips tho) but we need to get to town..asap..arrggghhh....we are going to have to at least try..... we live 100 kms from town with two sets of hills.... hope we make it...... :(

yess....made it there and back..... car didn't miss a beat, up hill or on the straight it was perfect....... stiil changing the pump and doing the leads, filters etc..... plus dyno....

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
good to hear.. + 1 on the muppets at VTNZ.. Id never take a car to them (esp around our area)