Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr 5l cruise control

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
hey all just recently everytime i use the power mirror switch it blows the fuse for them and cruise control could this be a crook switch as ive already replaced the stalk and the cruise control still wont turn on?????

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
So if you were to replace the fuse and try to use cruise, would it work? If it only blows when you touch the power mirror switch then this is where the fault lies, either within the switch itself (which commonly fail, though usually they just stop working all together or develop 'dead spots'), or the wiring to this switch is earthing out somewhere when you power it. If the latter, have a look at all the wiring leading to the switch to check the condtion of the wiring insulation like has something been rubbing on it and worn through etc.

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
no cruise still dont work even with a new fuse but soon as i push the mirror switch it pops the fuse

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd fix the mirror - don't just replace the fuse - then tackle the cruise problem.....otherwise you are stabbing in the dark.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Ur gonna have to find the fault, sounds like u got a short. Check pinch points and corners, and then inside the mirrors too. Youll have to get a schematic and start tracing wires.