Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 5L Problem

Descent Gilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
i have a problem with my ute, starts and runs fine most of the time but after a lil driving and i stop at a roundabout, the lights, etc it starts to miss a bit. once its going again it runs fine until i stop again.

i know these have problems with the ignition module so i replaced that but it still does it and its got me beat. it seems to be worse when the a/c is running.

occasionally it wont start either but after trying a few times it'll start up straight away and run fine. it fires but wont keep running.

any help would be appreciated

cheers Gilly

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Welcome to the forum.
The Hall effect sensor inside the distributor also is a problem from what I've read - that tells the ignition module when to "pass the spark along".
Good Luck.

Tas_HSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV Clubsport
Same happened to my clubsport a few months back....turned out to be a coil on the way out.My advice when changing coil,lengthen the wires after you unplug them and mount the coil to the inner strut tower,and leave the old coil in situ if you want,you will see why when you go to change it.....

Descent Gilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
its not the battery it cranks fine.

cheers for the help guys i'll raid some parts off the hilux to see if it helps

Descent Gilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
stole the coil from my hilux (it runs the same motor :D) seems to have fixed it atm, need to take it for a longer drive later on today