Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR 5lt Ute remote central locking problem

VR-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack 5lt Man.
Hi there,
I just purchased a VR ute from a mate and the central locking doesn't work with the remote. The interior light turns on when you press the button but it doesn't unlock, iv tried holding down the button and turning the ignition on and off but as suggested on another post here but can't get it to work. Has anyone had this problem ? I'm assuming the remote is ok because the light comes on but what should I try next ? Would disconnecting the battery help reset the ecu and try the key registration process again ?
Cheers
Steve

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Hi there,
I just purchased a VR ute from a mate and the central locking doesn't work with the remote. The interior light turns on when you press the button but it doesn't unlock, iv tried holding down the button and turning the ignition on and off but as suggested on another post here but can't get it to work. Has anyone had this problem ? I'm assuming the remote is ok because the light comes on but what should I try next ? Would disconnecting the battery help reset the ecu and try the key registration process again ?
Cheers
Steve

not a factory fit but anyway.......if retro-fitted your master motor may be totally u/s and not even talking to slave at all (but unlikely). Pull door card to see (only if old mate says it does have locking - otherwise all you get is the light)

VR-UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack 5lt Man.
That makes sense , I thought it was factory but it probably is a retro-fit. The passenger unlocks with the drivers door with the key, would that mean the master motor is ok ? If I buy a kit can I make it work with the motors already init with a new remote ? Is that the best way to do it ? Thanks for your help.