Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Acclaim ABS OFF Warning Light

pjwilki

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
I have just had front wheel bearings replaced and since then ABS Off warning light comes on after 3-4km of travel. Light acts normally when ignition turned on and engine starts (ie off) but comes on at the 3-4 km point. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
hey i dont know if its at all relelvant but mine kept coming on when alterator was playing up

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
my ABS light is constantly on. then again my whole dash is like a christmas tree with warning lights. gotta love a 99.9 fuel avg.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I have just had front wheel bearings replaced and since then ABS Off warning light comes on after 3-4km of travel. Light acts normally when ignition turned on and engine starts (ie off) but comes on at the 3-4 km point. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

When the bearing was replaced, the whole hub would have been replaced. ABS hubs are different to non ABS ones - any chance a non-ABS hub was fitted?

If the hub's OK, check the sensor wiring connection and wiring to ensure it isn't damaged and shorting out on the chassis somewhere.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need a Tech 2 to clear the fault.