Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Acclaim help.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Hi all, i have just bought a 94 VR Acclaim for parts which has a busted ignition barrel, (someone tried to steal it), and was wondering if theres any way to try and get the motor started without a key? I just want to see if motor runs. Any help appreciated thanks.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
from what i remeber if you leave the ignition on (REDS) for 24 hrs on a battery charger the computer resets itself, but the only thing other than that is to replace the key barrel and use your remote section.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
the rear of the ignition barrel has been removed and im sticking a screw driver in the plastic part to try to start it, im able to get ignition but when i turn it to start nothing happens, all wiring has power even at the starter, i have tried to bridge the starter but nothing. Oh and its showing a code 31 "theft deterrent signal missing". Are you saying if i get a barrel and key from another car it should work with my key head? (I actually do have the original key). I'd really like to try and fire up this engine its a pretty low k's one.