Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr aircon not cold

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Probably as you say - the pipe was full of crap which was jamming it.
If you plan on keeping the car I would flush the cooling system and then fill with proper coolant - maybe Nulon which will last for 4 years - this prevent all forms of corrosion. I've had my VS for 7 years (ex cop car) and always used Nulon....system is as clean as new although I seem to go thru a waterpump every 100,000km. Insides of engine when replacing last WP were as clean as a whistle. When I bought this car I fitted a set of new hoses (under $100 Ebay) and new coolant....never let me down except when the WP seized. 70% of highway breakdowns are due to overheating so it pays to keep it A1.
Geez I can rabbit on!

jimmer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute & vs sedan
I dunno if I'm gonna keep it to be honest bit bored of it now really want a v8 but don't have the funds just yet :-(
Well I've fitted the heater tap today an I have cold air again but not aircon cold, if I turn the aircon switch on it makes no difference, it's been gassed a couple months ago the compressor is going an there's still gas in the system I dunno if they gased it properly tho cos they had to gas it 4 times in the end cos it kept leaking in different places so I reckon come the end they got fed up with it, it's never been freezing like our bs sedan that gets really cold, how much would my ute be worth do u reckon it's a 96 vr I think 317000 k's fairly tidy 18 inch wheels with new tyres exhaust, manifold, bugger throttle body, cold air intake ss skirts and front bar a few little dents as I'm new to Australia I don't no how much it's worth, I didn't pay alot for it but I've tidied it up a fair bit, now I'm rambling haha

jimmer79

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute & vs sedan
Few spelling mistakes in there bloody auto correct