Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr auto/crank/check engine problems

KhaosInc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais V8 M5
last week my car started to have problems..

v6 auto...

when started sometimes it will randomly have the check engine light on for about 3-10 seconds (checked it and it says error 47 '18x Reference Signal Missing) when this happens when i select any gear it will thump into gear and kick the car rather rough, if driven like this it wont change gears till 3.5/4 thou rpm... from 1st to 4th... and it wont kick down at all unless manually selected.... if i sit there and turn it off and on it goes away sometimes instantly and someties takes a few minutes. sometimes it will be fine then once i get 20m down the road the light comes on it does this.

some days it works fine.

no problems with the box shifts smooth no slip.

its just so random and its getting annoying....

just wondering if it is just my crank angle sensor and its triggering other things to not function cause the ecu cant get a signal.

Thanks.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
47 will come up with a CAS and the problems the CAS causes can be mixed. But in your case it doesnt really sound like the CAS. Hmm im a bit mixed. Will have a look in the gregorys manual for you and tell you what else can cause a 47.