Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr auto shuddering and stalling

Jahwah

Jamie91
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hi all

I've had my vr for about 5 months now and last week started acting up. When slowing down to stop it will dop revs and then go back up then drop down again and occasionally it stalls and is hard to start back up. Any ideas what this could be? Any help would be much appreciated :)

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Jahwah

Jamie91
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
The battery is only new bought it when I bought he car. And I haven't checked fuel pump yet but I hall do that when I'm home from work :) and throttle body will get cleaned to

I also got told by a friend who had a simolar problems the fuel lines may need replacing? Is this true?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Fuel lines should only need replacing if they get bent or squashed which is pretty rare - they are steel tubing. Don't forget to do a fault code check as per the link prev supplied. If the fuel pump was playing up it would be evident when the pedal is to the floor and fuel demand is at a maximum - you problem occurs at low revs when fuel demand is low. I'd closely examine all vacuum lines around the throttle body as they can split and leak. How are the plugs and leads?

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
clean and tighten your battery terminals such a common cause of this in vr's

Jahwah

Jamie91
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Brand new plugs and leads put in 2 days ago. I reserve the computer today as well and possibly changing battery terminals to new ones tomorrow if I have enough cash. I will check th vacuum lines tomorrow when the sun is out again after work lol

Jahwah

Jamie91
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Throttle body cleaned, batter terminals replaced but still doing it! Only seems to do it when slowing down at about 20 k's

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
change ya fuel filter and air filter man
and watch out for the brown crap that comes outa the fuel filer :p
if u want a step-by-step guide for the fuel filter pm me.. pretty straight forward though

KeepItStock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Executive V6
could be the crank angle sensor.