Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr bcm fault?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
jc58nc said:
One other point I just picked up on while reading about BCMs and key readers is if any of your doors aren't shut properly (earth signal from a door switch) the indicators will not flash to alarm the driver that the car doors are not secure. Could be an earth fault?
Yep that gets the brain cells ticking over...took out the white and white blue wires out of the plug feeding the bcm YB 139 which are the earths for drivers and other doors and disconnected the instrument connectors feeding the light switch and the white/green out of YB139 that is the dome light drive...still no flash on lock so I can rule those inputs out .
My alarm trigger wire that was connected to the light blue l/h indicators feed from the bcm is disconnected atm and when it was connected it had a diode in it anyway.
What I did try is while inside the car I pressed the lock function with the keyhead and the locks went down and the theft deterent led flashed on the console and as always the indicators didnt flash.
I put the key in the ignition and turned it to start without unlocking it with the keyhead and the theft deterent diode was still flashing .....it started and ran no worries but the diode stopped flashing....does this mean that the theft deterent part of the ECU isnt working and that is why I have no flash on arming to alarm me that something is wrong?
Maybe someone with a vr could try this on their car for me to see if this is normal.
Gee this is a saga but I am goin to beat this! At least I am learning something.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the immo disarmed due to the key reader around the ignition barrel. its normal

looking at the wiring diagrams the output that is pulsed is the same when locking & unlocking, if the problem is still evident with another BCM it must be related to the aftermarket alarm thing.

Rob

Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
mine still starts but my alarm goes mental. as doctor bob said, the immobiliser got the right signal and let it start. cos if your remote fails and you unlock the door with the key your immobiliser stays armed until it finds the right signal from the key when started. one way to check it is take the key out of the head an try start it. if it starts then it is possible that its not working properly. if it doesn't start (not turning over/nothing happens) then it is working properly.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Doctor Bob said:
the immo disarmed due to the key reader around the ignition barrel. its normal

looking at the wiring diagrams the output that is pulsed is the same when locking & unlocking, if the problem is still evident with another BCM it must be related to the aftermarket alarm thing.

Rob

At the moment I have no alarm (mongoose brand)connected to the indicators the door locking feeds to it are still connected however ,no wire from the door switches and no feed to the dome light and still no joy...I was trying to take out everything that is a input that could be causing a problem that might cause the bcm not to flash the indicators as a alert to say something is not happening like it should .

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Finally I fixed it....I think.
I took out fuse 23 from under the bonnet marked engine on the cover and checked it out ...it looked ok.
So I put it back in....everything works now...indicators flash once to lock and twice to unlock....now I can put everything back together but turned out to be a bloody expensive fuse
Does anyone have a reason why this action caused the bcm to flash the indicators again? Maybe a high resistance at the fuse wedge but I thought it would cause other problems too.

MBS206

Reaction score
Have you got a series one or two VR?

The series one runs a seperate theft detterant module on the passenger side...

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Its built in mid 94 dont know what that makes it....but it is fixed now hopefully forever.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Bad news ...its gone again but I might be on to it.
The drivers door wont lock the other doors by pressing down the button...must have dodgy contacts or wiring connections in the lock motor.
When you lock it with the keyhead all the locks go down ....indicators dont flash but you can hear the faintest noise coming from the drivers door of the solenoid trying to work for about 3 times even though the lock is down.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Finally fixed it ..it was the brown/red wire in the loom just as it went through the door was open circuit or broken inside the loom in the door...I think it was for the lock request for the driver door. Rejoined and its all good now after about 2 months of it playing up.
Extended saga but I learnt something.

J

jc58nc

Congrat's markovr, time and patience wins out in the end and you have resolved the fault!:thumbsup: