Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR BCM into a VL

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
Hi,
Anyone know if you can use a BCM (body control module) to control and add features like auto down on drivers electric window etc, if so what level BCM has the electric windows feature low, mid or high?

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
gee don't tell me this is an original idea? nobody else has tried it?

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I don't think it will work, the VRs are way to modern than a VL.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
anything is possible it just depends how much trouble you are prepared to go to with the wiring

Rob

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
well, the car currently has no dash, and the toyota motor is just waiting for the wires to be hooked up to fire her into life....so I guess i qualify for the 'anything is possible it just depends how much trouble you are prepared to go to with the wiring' catagory

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ok so get a BCM & the dash wiring harness from a donor car & a wiring diagram & go for it.lol

Rob

Cobra30

Reaction score
Website
www.cobra30.com
Members Ride
VY V6 S2 Crewman
What other features are you looking to add to the VL ?

You need at least a Mid level BCM to gain power windows (I've just fitted one to my VY for the windows).

The power window auto down feature could be achieved by using a stand alone power window module from someting like a VP.

If you go for the BCM option you'll be tied to a Holden dealer (or someone else) with a programming tool (Tech2 etc) whenever you want to set it all up or make any changes.

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
why would you need to prgram the BCM? i'm not planning on using the engine imobilser, or central, just the windows, interior light delay, headlight auto off/on radio power off when door open sort of gear.
thats why i started the thread, too see if anyone else had played with this idea, i have considered the vp windows module just thought it would be nicer to get the extra stuff

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Hmmm have you had a coffee with an auto electrician and ask some questions?. I gotta felling i might work, but still doubt it.