Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Berlina Elec Fault

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
I have an elec fault with my indicators on my VR Berlina and it's starting to do my head in.

The left arrow isn't working on the cluster when turning left! it hoes work with the hazards on???
have put another indicator stalk in to test (second hand) and I have tested behind the stalk with a test light and have both left and right power! Have also put my spare cluster in and the fault remains !!

If anyone has some idea to what wrong or can tell me where the left turn wire goes through the dash it would be greatly appreciated !!

This is the last little thing prior to getting it on the road after 13 years parked up.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
Hi, I would replace the hazard switch
next

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi 5LTRUTE,
Here is the wiring diag.
I’m not sure what pin 6 on the hazard switch does as its not depicted very well :(

Attachments

• E39AD51E-482B-40AA-87E1-6006F03DA5D3.jpeg
    E39AD51E-482B-40AA-87E1-6006F03DA5D3.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 123

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
No problem :)

Looking at that further when the hazard switch is on both pins 5 and 6 are connected together and connected to pin4 to flash the lefts and rights by bypassing the turn signal switch.

With the hazards off then the “flashing 12v” goes through the turn sig switch.

So if left not working check the connection from YB46 at the switch via YB126 to YB66 ( left bulb connection ).

An interesting problem. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
No problem :)

Looking at that further when the hazard switch is on both pins 5 and 6 are connected together and connected to pin4 to flash the lefts and rights by bypassing the turn signal switch.

With the hazards off then the “flashing 12v” goes through the turn sig switch.

So if left not working check the connection from YB46 at the switch via YB126 to YB66 ( left bulb connection ).

An interesting problem. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

So little update, have gone through and tested these area's (i think). so what i have is.. cluster arrow not working on left turn but everything external is working ok.

At the indicator stalk all is working (tested)

At the relay it's working as it should (tested)

have power at the connector at the rear of the cluster on Hazards (tested) but nothing on left turn

Hazard switch has power exiting on Hazard for both left and right arrows but not the left turn? changed the Hazard switch and the same problem remains??

I'm running out of options!

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
The problem is fixed.. found a bad connector pin in one of the plugs in the loom above the kick panel on the drivers side..

It's a great feeling when you search for weeks for a fault and when you eventually find it!! and the cost to fix was $0.00