Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Berlina: Single spinner, left or right?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Well I have a non lsd and IRS V6 auto, and I'm pretty damn sure it spins the right wheel? I did a burnout with the brake/accelerator and I think the right wheel was spinning? Or am I imagining things? Coz the mark it left on this "private road" looked like it was under where my right wheel was....

If it was spinning the right wheel, is this a bad thing? :thumbsup:

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
when myn does spin (not often) only the right wheels spins.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i find it depends if i'm turning, the inside wheel will spin...on straight ahead thought it was my left wheel...dunno havent done it enough.

hotrod32

Reaction score
Website
www.notdadzkustoms.cjb.net
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive
In the open diff (non LSD) the right hand wheel is the one that will spin 99% of the time, if you wanna do double leggerz You will need either an LSD or even better, A mini spool. Spools are illegal though, and they make the car very hard to drive on the road and even worse in the wet, best leave them to the pro drag cars and burnout machines!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
somethign to do with the way diff is laid out [ which is why i think land curisers [ the old ones ] have an offset diff, to make the weaker axel longer and thus more tourquey ]

if you do cirlces to the left you put more pressure on the more powerful wheel allowing the lighter inside [ left ] wheel to spin, with some correct feathering of the throttle you can get a couple of good tail slides

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
the right wheel spins easier in an open diff because of the way the crown wheel and spider gears are positioned

but slayr is also right, if the left has little traction compared to the right the left wheel will spin instead

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the wheel with the least traction will spin.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
id luv a spool but there so illegal. void insurance dosnt sound fun 2 me... nore does driving in the wet with a spool.