Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR brake pads

LostPup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec
Hey guys/girls, first time posting here. bought a VR last week and only needs a few things for RWC. one of them being the brake pads. i need a cheep replacement for now to get it on the road and then do rotors and pads firther down the line. but for now i just need something cheep. i found a brand called DriveForce on ebay front and rear pads for $45 bucks which is what i'm looking for But i'm left with that "don't cheep out on brakes" feeling, it only has to be temp and to get me around town. has anyone heard of or used DriveForce brake pads before on there commodore? or if not could recommend a cheep brand they have used before that seem alright. Cheers

~pup

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
They'll stop U fine, might not stop quicker than better pads, but they'll do the trick. Don't do any hill runs, it'll fade pritty quick

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
simply comes down to this............you get what you pay for ,
the back pads ok as they only do 20% of the braking if so , your better of getting the dba on ebay as a front kit for 120 smackers .

just replacing pads without doing the other is just a wast of money. Most places only charge around 20 for machine job , as long as you take them off.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
You can seriously pay $10 more for bendix, they're a reputable brand.
I use them in my car, I've got no complaints!

LostPup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec
i get what you're saying ephect, i'm not that kind of driver.

To Hotrod i know what you mean when it's you get what you pay for, it's $45 for the front and rear kit not just for front or rear. the front rotors atleast are rippled and don't have enough to macine. the plan i hope is to find something cheep to get it on the road and then do a Rotors and pads again at the same time, if i just go spend big money on great pads the rotors that are on there are going to groove the ass out of them and they'll be useless in no time flat not to mention if i get good pads they wear into the grooved rotors and then wear them down more into a flat rotor.

Gothickidd Bendix general ct pads here are $60 front and $60 rear these pads are $45 front and rear combined, just need it on the road for now then do the major brake upgrade.

Cheers for the response.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
they be like running your finger across a blackboard ... it will get you out of trouble .

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
i get what you're saying ephect, i'm not that kind of driver.

To Hotrod i know what you mean when it's you get what you pay for, it's $45 for the front and rear kit not just for front or rear. the front rotors atleast are rippled and don't have enough to macine. the plan i hope is to find something cheep to get it on the road and then do a Rotors and pads again at the same time, if i just go spend big money on great pads the rotors that are on there are going to groove the ass out of them and they'll be useless in no time flat not to mention if i get good pads they wear into the grooved rotors and then wear them down more into a flat rotor.

Gothickidd Bendix general ct pads here are $60 front and $60 rear these pads are $45 front and rear combined, just need it on the road for now then do the major brake upgrade.

Cheers for the response.

Honestly mate, if the front rotors are thin enough that they can't be machined and still remain within legal tolerance, I'd be replacing both pads and rotors before putting the car on the road...Also, if the rotors are that low, the person that picked up about the pads, should have picked up about the rotors as well.....(being undersized)

Of course it is your call, but I don't like throwing money down the toilet, which is essentially what you are saying you want to do...

Best of luck and welcome to the forum

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Go to a wreckers for some cheap pads. While there check out the newer models and consider a front brake upgrade. Good cheap performance.

LostPup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec
VC i know what you're saying and i don't want to but it gets me on the road it gets me a job. but if i come into a bit more cash which is looking likely at this point i'll be useing Bendix pads and new rotors front and rear if i get this money so here's hoping and definitely going to be looking at an upgrade like that further down the line Monkey. for now it's just on the road and get things stable.

Thanks for the welcome vc commodore