Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Buick v6 loses all power certain throttle levels

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
No need to replace lots of sensors. The new TPS' seem to have short life spans. The DFI will leave you stranded if it goes, so is a good idea to replace it and chuck the old one under the seat as a spare. Only sensors i have replaced on mine are TPS, twice, 02 twice and CAS twice and DFI just for insurance.
Yeah true, definitely going to get a new dfi and coils so I know they’re new, cas I’ll probably do when I put in a dual row timing chain and all that Jazz, o2 might get soon too, economy is pretty good, gets bout estimated 650km to a tank in the Ute with my driving lol so o2 shouldn’t be reading too bad

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounds like 02 is ok. My 02 failed and gave a CEL. New one failed within two weeks.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Sounds like 02 is ok. My 02 failed and gave a CEL. New one failed within two weeks.
Damn that would suck, causes a lot of confusion for people saying they just replaced so and so but now it’s failed again they try to deny their new sensors won’t fail straight away

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I know. I was on here and advised to run new cables. Did that, even made a new harness but never fitted. Spent at least two weeks. Logged engine data and spent hours messing with it. All of the above because a new Delphi sensor was last on the possible problem list. Everyone says buy Delphi. All of the failed sensors have been Delphi, go figure.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Yeah I know. I was on here and advised to run new cables. Did that, even made a new harness but never fitted. Spent at least two weeks. Logged engine data and spent hours messing with it. All of the above because a new Delphi sensor was last on the possible problem list. Everyone says buy Delphi. All of the failed sensors have been Delphi, go figure.
Hahaha wow that sucks, did you get another Delphi or change back to another brand?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Replaced them with Delphi again. Delphi are probably the least likely to fail. Delphi sensors are no where near as good as they used to be. Trouble is the alternative are probably a lot worse. Local mech is having the same issue with Delphi parts. He said he finds they have bad runs. Sometimes they last, sometimes they fail.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Replaced them with Delphi again. Delphi are probably the least likely to fail. Delphi sensors are no where near as good as they used to be. Trouble is the alternative are probably a lot worse. Local mech is having the same issue with Delphi parts. He said he finds they have bad runs. Sometimes they last, sometimes they fail.
Just a chance thing I guess, inconvenient having troubles with new ones but like you said other brands are probably not as good as a working Delphi