Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR bypassing bcm with memcal no VATS

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
im trying to get a VR V6 auto wired to start for my speedway car.
story so far....changed out bcm with matching bcm key and barrel. wont go
just got memcal with no VATS, thought i could plug it in and problem solved! immobiliser light comes back on - wait 45mins and it cranks,note no fuel connected yet...
im now told i have to find ignition wire (at key barrel?) and take it to the starter relay(wheres that?) and it should start...told i can also then remove the bcm...
please help guys, this is becoming a major headache and the season is underway and i cant seem to get around this immobiliser problem!!!
any help or advice is greatly appreciated
cheers guys

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
thanks but whats the inhibitor switch? so i can do this with the bcm removed? and this wire is found at the gear selector in the car? sorry but im hopeless with this stuff...

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
found a grey blue wire (two wires going into a plastic plug connector at the gear selector) with three others, at the gear selector, pulled it out and earthed it to the body, no go? tried with bcm connected and not connected, still no go.....

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
just try something for me. turn your key to on. then go under the bonnet and try the starter motor relay, i mean bridge the terminals. have a look at the side of the relay. it will give you a diagram. use some wire. if it starts then you just need to run a 12+ from the battery to the dash, put a push button in. then run the other side to the trigger side of the relay and there you go

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
ok thanks ill give it a go this arvo...
so, will that be with the BCM connected and immob light still flashing or disconnect BCM and try.
and by bridging the relay you mean the terminals on the starter motor, yeah?
or a relay in the black box left side under bonnet?
thanks for the advice....much appreciated....

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
Relay. As far as i know the bcm has the ability to block the power from going to the starter motor relay. So if you bridge the relay itself then it should work. Try it without the bcm first and then try it with it. I say without first because if it works without it then it will he a bcm fault.

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
ok,removed bcm and key is on, so standing at the front of the car, , removed start relay, 4 pins say 12 oclock 3 6 & 9. bridged from 12 to 3 and engine turned over, no fuel connected yet so lets assume it should start? tried wire from battery supply to 12 oclock on relay and engine turned over! so what do i do with the key wiring? do i now leave the relay out when i wire this up. i could run an on/off switch from the battery then into the push button start? also need to run up into a kill switch, could wire this first from battery then back to on/off switch?
but most of all thanks for your help and advice its greatly appreciated, cheers!!!!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
engine starter.png
Very crude drawing. just a quick idea. it may be pin 86 but if that doesnt work try 85. all you need to do is energise the trigger side of the relay. this will then close it and trigger the relay. also if you want to see if your getting spark then use a can of flamible spray and just spray some in thru the buterfly while triggering it. you may need someone to spray/trigger as its a bit hard to do it yourself