Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR bypassing bcm with memcal no VATS

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
It's a speedway car piss the key off all together as well as ya bcm they are just another thing that can go wrong are you in Darwin or somewhere else in nt if ya in Darwin speak to Simon at streamline crash repairs or Justin brumfileld they should be able to help ya but another tip I will give you is to put a manual in it autos are for ya misses to do the shopping in. If ya in Alice speak to rod berry most of the guys up there should help ya only gotta ask .

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
ok just another thing, i tried to bridge the relay today from pin 87 to pin 30, with the key off it still cranks over, still no fuel yet, i didnt think it would go with no power from the key?
anyway, got relay out to wire from pin 87 purple white wire. i reckon acc wire at key is the brown and wire to start is the purple one. not sure if i wire this ti the kill switch as then wont it always have power to the starter and want to start? thought it might go on the other side of the momentary button back to the relay? or am i just starting to get confused............

with regards to bridging eith out the key in the ign, there is always posiyive feed to one side of the relay. Its either 30 or 87. What the relay does is acts like a switch. When you energise the coil in the relay it created a magnetic field thru the wire. This in turn pushes/pulls the contacts together yo trigger the object running off of that relay. With the positive feed being live it means that you will always be able to crank it. However withoutthe ignition being on you wont get fuel or spark.

I you can wait until tomorrow i will do you up a color coded diagram of where each wire will need to go. Eg to which switch

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
yeak ok, i understand, no worries, ill wait till tomorrow.
and clutchy, im in nhulunbuy NT, loooong way from anywhere! and trust me if i could get a manual id be running one, but i have to deal with what ive got at this stage...

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Oh ok just looked on the map that is a looooooong way lol what's the closest track for u to race at ? What class are u gonna race in ?

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
it is !! we have a local track, its on the road out of town to the airport, you can see it on google earth. will be running in the street stock class. we have about 7 cars. we run amca's, street stocks, junior stocks, F500's, senior and junior dirtkarts.. makes for a good night out.

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
ok so its wired up but wont fire. i have 12+ to kill switch, from kill switch into brown acc wire in barrel plug and also from kill switch to purple ign wire in barrel plug, then from kill switch a wire to on/off switch, then looped into momentary start button, from other side of start button back to starter relay pin 87, also have wire from on/off switch, the on side, back to external vl turbo fuel pump, pump is running when switch is on. dont have power to plugs or injectors......any thoughts please.....

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
i did this , with the way ive wired it, as further below... it cranked over but still never started.........

bluekart77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
ok, so done some research, thinking it might be the DFI module, wherever that is? and how do i really test it? noticed when the car is cranking over the negative terminal in the engine bay gets really hot? i have only earthed the battery to the roll cage inside the car. have i got something arse about face here??? its currently still running to the earth in the engine bay and back to wherever it goes...the starter....???
is there an earth wire from the key barrel ive missed? have i wired to the correct pin on the starter relay, pin 87??? this is driving me nuts!!! im close but not quite there................please help :)

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Make sure you run a heavy duty earth to the engine block itself from the battery. As the starter earths to the engine it needs a way to earth. It shouldnt really fire without rhe engine block earth

Dfi is below the coils on the passenger side front of the engine. Its what the coils sits on and it gives the coils power. This could be why it didnt start seen as how you would have weak spark if your engine wasnt earthed to the battery