Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais headlight not working............

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VR Calais 5lt/ VS S pack ute
Hi Ive got a 94 VR Calais 5lt and the headlights havent worked in ages. Its not the fuses, the relay, the headlight switch or the headlight globes. Anybody else had these problems? The parkers and hi beams work, its just the headlights wont!!! I was thinking maybe a wiring problem because I cant think of anything else it could be!!
Anyone else had a similar problem?
Help...Please?

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well thanks for your help you bunch of rude ####s.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Jeez settle mate, sometimes theres not many people on here during weekdays so you've just gotta give it some time.
You said that you have already checked the bulbs, the switches and the fuses etc, have you checked the fusible links? The fusible links are located just down in front of the main fuse box under the bonnet in a small rectangle box..The 40A main headlight fusible link should be coloured green.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Some people have jobs.

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hypocrite much?

Hardly. I got an answer to my question, didn't I? No hypocrisy here mate. More like reverse psychology if anything. :idea3:

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Some people have jobs.

Oh really?
50 views and no replies....I am still entitled to my opinion. Its not the first time I've posted something and been ignored. Seems abruptness is the only way to get a response on here. And yay, I have a job too whoop whoop but I wouldn't be a rude kent because of it.

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jeez settle mate, sometimes theres not many people on here during weekdays so you've just gotta give it some time.
You said that you have already checked the bulbs, the switches and the fuses etc, have you checked the fusible links? The fusible links are located just down in front of the main fuse box under the bonnet in a small rectangle box..The 40A main headlight fusible link should be coloured green.

Hey thank you for being helpful. I understand what your saying however 50 views to a somewhat simple question and no replies on a forum specifically for vr-vs commodores seems a little rude to me and its not the first time. But hey, it got my question answered and thats what I was aiming for.
I have already checked all of that stuff, even tried bridging relays etc but it isn't any of those things hence the reason I came on here to see if anyone had similar problems. I think i might trace the wiring and see where that leads me as nothing else has worked thus far and driving with no headlights sucks!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I understand what your saying however 50 views to a somewhat simple question and no replies on a forum specifically for vr-vs commodores seems a little rude to me and its not the first time.

It's a free public forum on the internetz, it's not a service and nobody has any obligation to help you.

And yes, people weren't responding because they knew and wanted to piss you off. Did you ever consider that maybe those 50 people didn't have an answer to your question? If it's such a simple question why haven't you worked it out?

BamarambaV8

Grease Monkette
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's a free public forum on the internetz, it's not a service and nobody has any obligation to help you.

And yes, people weren't responding because they knew and wanted to piss you off. Did you ever consider that maybe those 50 people didn't have an answer to your question? If it's such a simple question why haven't you worked it out?

Lol... I can see how you completely misconstrued that.....and kudos on the word twisting.
Like I said, its a SOMEWHAT simple question. I obviously do not know the answer.
Also, if you had read the original question properly I actually asked if anyone had previously had a problem like this or similar. I did not ask for it to be "worked out".
A forum is a place where people share information and have discussions. I was merely attempting to take part in that. Perhaps I didn't go about it the way that you would have, but I do things my way. So if at first you don't succeed, or in this case, if at first you are ignored, open some fkn eyes. And hey what do you know, I got some replies. Even a few differences of opinions thrown in as well for good measure.
So, say whatever you please. If this is a feeble attempt to insult me or make me look stupid....you picked the wrong girl...no ####s given...I deal with douchebags day in, day out.
Just another opinionated keyboard warrior. It's been done before.