Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais keyhead question

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Hi all, i have a VR Calais which has a buggered keyhead, but i have another keyhead here from another VR Calais which i know is good, my question is can i have the good keyhead programmed to suit my car? Or do i need to buy a new one? Thanks in advance.

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I had a key programed just before christmas can't remember the exact method for syncing your new key but i'm pretty sure you need the old one to start the car with so as long as the stuffed one still starts the car you should be able to just reprogram the other one at a keycutter. Lucky bastard they charge you heaps for those heads

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As far as I know you can't program a key head which has already been programmed. I think you will need a new one.

Joe_222

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
The keycutter who programed my key programed three different keyheads trying to get mine to work as i apparently had an unusual key, he only charged me for one. If you can only program them once then he has two useless keyheads and i doubt that very much because he was more than happy to do it.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
whats buggered about it? if its just the keypad, I replaced mine & key is as good as new!

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
thanks guys, well it has a dodgy battery for one thing and the bit where the key ring goes through is busted