Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Center Vents Noises

M

micheledip

When i have the fan or A/c running in my VR i here this noise like there are leaves in the vents.

If there are leaves what is the best way to clean them out of there???

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
turn it up!!!

oh and clean the leaves out of the plenum chambers under the windscreen first

Lord-Data

Reaction score
Website
www.VIDGuide.com
Members Ride
Impulse Blue VE SV6
my VS has this too .. only seems to happen on higher fan speeds .. Gonna have to pull some bits of the dash apart some day soon to replace some dash lights, so might invertigate the rattle then too .. definitly sounds like a leaf or similar stuck in the vent path, rattling around in there ..

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
As "jules" said clean out the plenum chamber as often as you can to stop them getting there in the first place.

As for getting them out GOOD LUCK!!!!! Sorry no easy way. But if you remove the glovebox and put the controls to inside recirculated air, with the fan off, you can just get your hand into the blower fan blades enough to get any leaves out of it. As for in the ducting is will most likely be a dash out job... Big job.!!!!

If you can see the leaves, go to Supercheap and by one of the claw things and pull them out! On the VR/s' the front vents in the centre come off with the cluster surround so might be a little easier for you to get to them.

The other thing is that the foam degrades over time and this can cause the same type of noise!

Hope this helps, regards Guy.

M

micheledip

Once you taken out the glove box can use a blower to try and blow them out??

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
your car comes equipped with one

S

Spike Percival

Every VR / VS was built with those rattly noises in the centre vents when on high fan settings, or at least every single one I have been in.......

I have pulled mine apart a few times looking for causes with no luck.

And no - it's not leaves.

stheggie

Reaction score
Well i dont have that problem on my VS EXEC, My dad also owned a VS S2 Exec and never had the problem.

So i dont think thats its a common fault.