Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR central locking replacement

5600RPM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8
Hey all...

Ive posted about this problem before when I first got my car, and ive finally decided to fix this... the only problem is that i dont know how.

The central locking mechanism on my drivers door is not working. if you push the remote while the car is locked, all other doors will open. If your in the car adn you lock/unlock the drivers door all other doors follow suit. this tells me that the switch is working, but the motor is not.

This afternoon i decided to finally fix this. Off comes the door trim (thanks heaps to whoever wrote that tut on how to do it) and then I hit a brick wall. I couldnt for the life of me see a way to get teh mechanism out of the door.

If anyone knows how I should go about replacing this, your help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
You have to take all the rods and wiring that go to it and undo the attaching screws and get the complete mechanism and electric lock unit out the large hole in the inner door frame....its easier I found if you are goin secondhand to get the complete mechanism out of a wreck and replace the whole thing.

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah mine was like that too and i got quoted some crazy price by holden to get it fixed, so i started to try and fix it and had the same problem. so i basically did as markovr said went to a wrecker and picked up a secondhand one for around $100 and swapped them over.

5600RPM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8
That is what i had in mind to do..., but I couldnt see any way of getting the unit out of the door. i had the door apart for about an hour and i couldnt figure it out. help?