Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Centre Console Removal

P

petwoofer

Egg,
The LED is to illuminate the gear position indicator.

soulyouth

Space Docker
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sold for scrap :(
LOL guys don't know if its any good but it works 4 me, pics soon

I will have gold in a couple of months guys
I will be putting a VR Calais interior (YES EVERYTHING EVEN THE ROOF LINER)
Into a VS I'm buying
and well I will take photo's of all the steps so yeh

but as for taking out the Calais center console, easy as did it in 5 min the last time I did to change my deck over
Ok guys this is just from memory but I'll give it a go

VR Calais Dash removel/ install radio

You will need a
1 flatblade screwdriver
1 phillips head screwdriver
1 set of pillers (long nose)

remember where each screw came from, NO **** they are all different
trust me, I didn't know and now I have different screws all over the place, don't make the same mistake

1.open center console, remove 2 plastic plug things that hold on fancy leather console LOL using the long nose pillers, just get under the edge and pull out.

2. Get a flatblade screw driver, slide under edge of power winder controls, just to get them up, then pull them out and unplug them.

3. Take out ashtray, and if you can, undo the lighter plugs too, if not do it after the next step.

4. Hold center console on either side down near the handbrake, so that you can get your fingers under the leather, and it will feel like it still screwed in, I can tell you its not, I was scared to pull on it to, as I didn't wanna break it but just a bit of pressure and the plastic clips will slide out, now you just have to move it around off the gear stick, easy.

5. Ok first bit done, next is the radio surround, I believe it is 3 screws along the bottom of it near the gear shifter, *careful as not to lose a screw in the dash as its really hard to find again LOL* undo them the surround should come off, and your left with a rather exec looking dash LOL.

6. ok time to open the glove box, and the fuse bit under the steering wheel, as there are 3 screws either side that you will have to undo, the bottom glove box one is a little hard to get at, you might need to take out glove box, but if you have little hands or a long screwdriver should be ok

7. Ok now you just need to remove the screws around the front of the console, I think there is one on the climate control (unscrew then unplug) then either 3 or 4 screws they are easy to find they are arounf the deck undo them, ok another scarry moment, removing this bit of the dash is a little tight, but its all good just be clam and don't rush it and it should slide out.
There ya go the Center console is gone and you can change over the deck or whatever
just a note but, the steering wheel radio controls usually become usless after a deck change LOL
Anything I stuffed up just post a fix to it as I did this from memory and I was no where near my car