Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr check engine light

smoknvr:)

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
hey folks as the title states i have an issue with my vr s2 acclaim,i have got a built shift kitted auto and when the check engine light comes on it makes the shifts even harder than normal when the light doesn't come on i have been told i need the updated memcal because the vr had an issue with code 68 which is transmission component slipping, was wondering if you knew of a fix for this issue as when i did the trans everything was replaced,took it to a trans shop today and it didnt play up so they couldnt tell me whats going on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
hey was the torque converter took the car to mv automatics in blackwood all sorted the guys that did the trans used a cheap converter and the lock up clutch wasnt working

MACE

Reaction score
hey was the torque converter took the car to mv automatics in blackwood all sorted the guys that did the trans used a cheap converter and the lock up clutch wasnt working
Thanks for getting back to us. Hopefully the car is going strong again

Cheers,
Steve

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
now the fun begins,bought myself a l67 motor,with trans,loom, computer, all for under a grand. will be getting a few goodies from the mace catalog, car is going to be an absolute monster. this is what Ive wanted for my vr since i bought it.

MACE

Reaction score
now the fun begins,bought myself a l67 motor,with trans,loom, computer, all for under a grand. will be getting a few goodies from the mace catalog, car is going to be an absolute monster. this is what Ive wanted for my vr since i bought it.
Now that's a bargain and a half! Nice :D

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr acclaim
yes was very lucky to find that deal,motor is low on compression so will be doing a full re-build on the motor plus picking up some goodies from the mace catalog, but found out i have to get the motor swap engineered, i will be getting a vr Calais for a daily so i don't have to rush anything for the swap

MACE

Reaction score
yes was very lucky to find that deal,motor is low on compression so will be doing a full re-build on the motor plus picking up some goodies from the mace catalog, but found out i have to get the motor swap engineered, i will be getting a vr Calais for a daily so i don't have to rush anything for the swap
The L67 engine swap, assuming that you use all of the appropriate components from the donor car,it will be very easy to engineer. In saying this though, I would talk to a certified engineer first before you embarking on the conversion if you want it legally done

Hope this helps

Kindest Regards,
Steve