Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commodore Amp Power Installation

MJPR123

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR S Series Commodore
Hi Im installing an Amp into My Boot and I want to run a new Circuit From the battery through the firewall to the boot, I was wondering if any of u have done something like or have found an easy way to Run the Cable from the Battery to the boot. I have a 94 VR Commodore.

Bobski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Exec
Should be a hole already in the fire wall with a bush on it. You can just run through there, down the trim all the way to the back seat, through another bush and then to the amp.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
if you look from the engine bay, to the right hand side of the brake booster (big black round thing on the drivers side) there is a grommit where the clutch cable would be in a manual. pop the grommit out, drill/cut a hole in it, and run cable through there, then put grommit back in hole.

then just run it down underneath the trim panels down the side. pull the rear seat out and run the cable with the existing harness.

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
If you need a hand give me a call on 0428896704 coz I just done this yesterday so it's fresh in my head. I'm a bunbury boy too