Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR commodore idle problem.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Definitely check codes. But TPS' have a tendency to fail without throwing a code. They can be tested with a multimeter if they don't throw a code.

bigjase73

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
thanks everyone, will need to get a scan done, still cant find problem....but when its idling and I flick hi beams on it almost stalls and comes back to normal, same when I go from park to drive or turn lights on.......maybe alternator issues???? come on old girl.........don't die on me yet!!!!!!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yeah voltage related so the pcm/ecu isnt getting/seeing the right voltages at the mutiple sensors...check the voltage at the battery when running without lights then with lights if under 12v you have a bad battery or charging system should stay around 13.somthing volts

bigjase73

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
thanks wozza.......went to check it out, ffs, noticed some corrosion on negative terminal on battery...hot watered it off and now it seems to have eliminated the problem(s) for the moment.....will take for test drive later tonite with lights,ac,stereo and everything on to see what happens. Im hoping due to a poor battery connection that I overlooked that these issues have been rectified.....sometimes its just the simple things.