Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commodore - Motor Ticking

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
I guess you could check your engine mounts, belts, tensioner, pulleys, etc. Anything that could be moving around and creating the noise. When the engines running grab a stethoscope.. or if you're not a doctor grab a screwdriver and put the handle to your ear and point the tip towards an area and have a listen, this should help focus your ears on the part of the engine where the screwdrivers pointing.

see if you can pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Aside from vibrations, do you have any other issues with your motor?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
Better off getting new/reco ones
Hey all,

When starting my VR commodore V6 Auto ( Cold ) a loud ticking noise can be heard. But once the car warms up ( 10 or so minutes of driving ) it vanishes. also when i bought the car i notice the car virobrated a fair bit. im not sure if ive just got use to it or its stopped but it still worrys me.

Ive sat there at the engine bay just looking and listening... first i thought lifters, so i topped it up with oil. Not a change.. not a little bit.. ive had someone say the timing? ( it does seem to miss here n there )

once i get home and it cools down ill record the ticking noise and chuck it on youtube so you can all have a listen.

Thankyou, Todd.

Heres the link: YouTube - VR Commodore - Motor Tick